The I.D.E.A Store is providing kits to create chains from eco-vinyl. This is a great project to do with friends and family and once they have been completed and returned to The I.D.E.A Store, they will be installed in a number of venues. First, they will be displayed in The I.D.E.A. Store exhibit at the Indi Go Artist Co-Op during April 12th- 19th. Then, they will be transported to the CUSF Gala, where they will be displayed in the I-Hotel. Finally, these Eco-vinyl chains will be woven into the chain link fence surrounding the corner of Neil and Church Street. This art installation will bring awareness about creative reuse and bring something beautiful to the community!
How to make a chain from used eco –vinyl (bill boards)
1. Cut as many different colors of eco-vinyl as you can into the size of a dollar bill. The more variety you have, the more colorful the chain will be.
2. Place it on a flat surface
3. Fold it lengthwise and crease it in half
4. Open it up and fold each edge toward the center to the crease you just made
5. Fold it half lengthwise again so you have one thin piece of eco-vinyl
6. Take both ends and fold them in toward the center until it creates a "prong"
7. Slide the "prongs" of the folded eco-vinyl into the tabs created by the first wrapper.
8. Continue to do this until a chain is made